Hey there! I know, I’ve been MIA again. But there’s good news.
I’ve been in a recipe trying mood lately, and it’s been going pretty well. After the baby gets here I plan on cleaning up my act a little better, but until then, I’ve been enjoying some amazing eats. Sometimes I try to make them healthy, and sometimes I could care less.
One thing I can’t wait to start doing is blogging more. Simply for the fact of trying to track my progress. (sorry if you get bored) But there will be work outs again (WOOT!) and hopefully lots of new recipes. I won’t make any promises there though. I have no idea how this child will behave. Lets pray he lets mommy get some cooking done
So back to those eats. I have two recipes for you today.
Last night, I posted about our dinner on facebook. I actually found the recipe on somebody’s page, made a few changes, and now can’t remember where I found it to give the original credit :/ If you know, feel free to shout it out in the comments. Anyways, it’s super easy and has very little prep. It’s a crock pot meal.. aka.. the best. meals. ever.
Crock pot Chicken Tacos
– 4 peppers of choice, sliced (I used green because they were on sale)
– 1 red onion, sliced
– 1 to 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders (the package I used was 1.6 lb tenders)
– 1 pkt reduced sodium taco seasoning
1. In a crock pot, layer all of the ingredients in order, starting with the peppers.
2. Cover and set on low for 6-8 hours. (I cooked mine for 6, shredded it with two forks and it was perfect!)
3. Add whatever toppings you want and enjoy!
On to the next! One night last week we had these bad boys. They’re actually pretty decent for your waistline. You can always omit the potato if you’re against carbs, but who wants to do that?
Philly Cheese Steak Baked Potatoes
slightly adapted from the Recipe Critic
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup steak sauce
1 cup fat free beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
4 baked potatoes
shredded mozzarella/provolone cheese (I didn’t put an amount because you can add as little or as much as you want)
(First, cook your baked potatoes. I bought the ones that are wrapped in plastic that you pop in the microwave. #convenient)
1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add the chopped green pepper and onion. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until they start to become tender.
3. Add the beef broth and steak sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue cooking until sauce is thick. (Be patient.)
4. To assemble: Cut baked potato in half, and spoon the meat mixture on top. Top with cheese and enjoy!
What should we make next?