I got my nails done yesterday.
I know I’ve told you before but my nail tech rocks my socks off. These are one of my favorite sets yet. She has some new tool that allows you to transfer the paint over with a stamp. It sure makes all those hand painted designs a lot easier.
After getting pampered, I had a little break before training so I swung by to pick up my favorite salad.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who saves all the fruit for last.
It’s easily my favorite part of the meal.
For dessert, I stopped by our local health foods store and bought these little gems.
Holy goodness. They were amazing. If you’re in the area and want a treat, I highly recommend them.
After eating dinner last night, I started thinking about breakfast.
I know, the mind is always on food. I can’t help it.
I wanted french toast only I wanted it differently than normal so the wheels started turning, and I came up with baked french toast cups which is actually the same recipe for my pb fluff french toast, only prepared differently.
Here ya go Enjoy!
Baked French Toast Cups with Peanut Butter Fluff
-1/4 cup + 1/8 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- cinnamon to taste (I used about 1/4 tsp)
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread
- 1/2 cup (113g) low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp (15g) peanut flour
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat two muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg whites, 1 tbsp almond milk and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the cottage cheese, peanut flour, sugar, and other 1-2 tbsp almond milk. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
4. Coat each side of your bread in the egg white mixture and put in prepared muffin tins.
5. Cook for 15 minutes.
6. Plate immediately and top with cottage cheese mixture. Top whole thing with extra cinnamon or any other toppings you want.
What are your favorite toppings for french toast?
I like pb fluff, pure maple syrup, or berries.