Clean Eating on the Go – Panera Bread {Part 2}

It’s been a while since I’ve done a post about eating clean on the go. Even though I’ve already done Panera once before, I really had to tell you about this salad.

I typically don’t eat ANY fast food anymore. It grosses me out. Only 7% meat in burgers? No thanks.

But when it comes to Panera, I think they’re really trying to make an effort to provide healthier options.

Today’s highlight: Strawberry Poppyseed & Chicken Salad.

I have had this probably three or four times this year and have even gotten a couple of my clients hooked on it.

If you follow me on instagram, you’ve seen me rave about it there once or twice.

From the description on their website, it has: All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, romaine, fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and Mandarin oranges, pecans and fat-free poppyseed dressing.

And if that’s not good enough, take a look at the stats. They never lie.

350 calories – 13g of healthy fats – 33g carbs – 29g protein

Honestly, the only downside to this meal for me is the sugar. It’s a bit higher than something I’d normally eat for one meal, but at least it’s natural sugar from the fruit and a smidge from the dressing.

One thing I highly suggest is skipping the side they give you though. You can either have a piece of bread, apple, or chips. Go without it. You don’t need the extra calories because the salad is filling enough.

If you try it, check back and let me know what you think because I bet you’ll be hooked! :)

Happy eating!

Live healthy. Live happy.

**Question of the day – What do you normally order from Panera?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Nutrition and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Clean Eating on the Go – Panera Bread {Part 2}

1. MarannaNo Gravatar says:

I am obsessed with the Thai Chopped Chicken Salad!!! I started getting it without the wontons recently to cut out the nonsense carbs. SO GOOD!!!! I get the apple and save it for a snack for later :)

2. TiffNo Gravatar says:

I love that salad. I haven’t had it yet this summer, but I hope to get my hands on it soon!

3. Heather MurphyNo Gravatar says:

In have heard that was a great one to try! Their chicken Cobb with avacado is pretty tasty too!

4. NancyNo Gravatar says:

Whoa. That strawberry poppyseed chicken delicious salad looks incredible!

5. GiGi Eats CelebritiesNo Gravatar says:

I feel that I can pretty much order clean anywhere – well except McDonalds (lol… Even their chicken in their salad is a JOKE)… But anywhere I go I typically will get veggies and some sort of grilled protein, if a restaurant doesn’t have such things, it really shouldn’t exist at all!

Also, if restaurants have “pre-made” salads on their menus, I always make my own if I don’t see anything inviting… I will take topping from one salad, mix with the base of another and throw some grilled chicken or seared tuna on top! :D Dressing on the side, as always!

6. Olivia @healthylivyNo Gravatar says:

Panera is one of my favorite places to eat! I always order half of the thai chopped chicken salad with a cup of chicken noodle soup. I need to try the strawberry poppyseed and chicken salad. Looks delicious (:

7. Pingback: Baked French Toast Cups | LiftPrayLove.com – Blog

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I'm Jolynn, a 26 year old fit mom of one, living a balanced life with a passion for food, health, and fitness. I am an ISSA Certified Personal Trainer and ISSA Specialist in Fitness Nutrition. Find out more on my About Me page. Thanks for stopping by my website!  Feel free to contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I'd love to hear from you!

pinterest