Yesterday morning I was craving pancakes, but I wanted some protein to go with it for staying power. The only downside? I didn’t want eggs. Have you ever had eggs and pancakes? You can’t eat them together. Well, I guess you coullld. But, one of them is bound to get cold. No bueno. In an attempt to satisfy my craving, I whipped up a batch of the my favorite cakes, stuffed them with homemade peanut butter fluff, and topped it all off with melted frozen strawberries.
PB&J Protein Pancakes (no powder needed!)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat Kodiak Cake pancake mix (dry)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries (70g)
(It’s easiest to get everything in separate bowls and mix ahead of time so you can easily assemble it when the times comes.)
1. Mix the pancake mix and water together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix the cottage cheese, truvia, and peanut flour together. Add coconut milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency.
3. Put strawberries in a microwave safe bowl and throw in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Then, let them sit in there.
4. Lightly coat a pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
5. Pour half the pancake mix on the skillet and cook until bubbles form.
*You can substitute regular peanut butter for the peanut flour but your nutritional values will change.
Approximate Nutritional Values: