Is that a mouthful or what? I wasn’t sure what name to give these cakes or how they’d turn out, BUT they came out to be successful. I also made a De-licious hot drink but you’ll have to wait to see that recipe once it gets a little colder. Sadly that may not be too far away either. It was 37 degrees when I went for AM cardio this morning. Brrr!! These cakes are a spin-off of my other almond flour protein pancakes but with quite a few changes.
Coconut Almond PB Pancakes
by Jolynn Toma adapted from this recipe
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp PB2
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and let sit for about 10 minutes for the baking powder to activate.
2. Lightly coat a skillet with non-stick spray and preheat it over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cup full on to skillet.
3. Heat until partially cooked (when it starts to form bubbles all over) and flip pancake.
4. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Once cooked, top with sugar free syrup, peanut butter, fresh fruit or anything else you want.
If you can’t find almond flour, coconut flour, or PB2 in your own town, you can always get them here from iHerb. First time customers can get $5 OFF their order with no miminum purchase or $10 OFF their purchase of $40 or more with this coupon code –> COZ833.