Hey there! If you haven’t noticed, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. My focus has definitely not been my blog, but I’m still here
I whipped this up for breakfast today, and it’s a must share! Go out and get the ingredients so you can enjoy it tomorrow. It’s the perfect weekend breakfast for a fraction of what you’d pay going out to eat. Gavin even had 3 servings of it!!! I’d say that’s a win!
Weekend Breakfast Skillet
(takes about 30-35 minutes including prep)
- 1 lb country ground sausage
- 1 red pepper (or color of your choosing), chopped
- 1 large potato, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
1. Prep the vegetables before you get started.
2. Brown the ground sausage in a giant skillet over medium high heat. About 9 minutes.
3. Remove from the pan with a slotted spatula or spoon and set aside.
4. Add the vegetable mixture and 1/2 tbsp olive oil to the pan over medium heat.
5. Sprinkle veggies with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir to coat them and cover. Stir occasionally. Cook for 15 minutes or until everything is nice and tender.
6. In a small bowl, whisk the 8 eggs.
7. Add the ground sausage, eggs, and shredded cheese (optional) to the pan. Cook 4-5 minutes, uncovered. Just before it’s done add remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper.
Hope you like it as much as we did!